About Me

My photo
Australia
So glad you have found us. We are a nomadic family of 9 travelling Australia with our six daughters, and our one son and forever missing our precious daughter Serenity who went to be with Jesus at 13 hours old on 12 March 2011. Her short life has changed our lives forever! As we travel we perform at shows, festivals and fundraisers with our dogs, help out on farms and also sell handmade woodcraft, dog collars, leads and capes. We are also doTERRA wellness advocates. Follow our joys and trials here.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Happy Birthday to Miss 12!

IMG_8764

Chantel was born 1st May 2000!  I was booked for a c-section on May 5 as the doc was sure I wouldn’t go into labour sooner!  Chantel was a breech baby and after 2 previous c-sections it was considered best to do a repeat section.

Around mid afternoon on 1st May my waters broke!  A quick trip to hospital and they prepped me for an emergency section.

To cut a long story short … when the opened me up they found a large mass which later tested positive for cancer!

Two weeks later I was in having Chemo!  It was a huge roller coaster ride!  After round three of chemo and a diet change I declared myself cancer free!!  Well I stopped chemo!  Continued testing for about a year with no signs of the disease!  Praise God!!


 

IMG_8867Watching on as Jasmine lights all but one candle that Chantel said she wanted to light!  I feel a new tradition coming on!!

IMG_8869Chantel lighting the last candle!  Wow 12 candles on her cake!

We are so thrilled to have Chantel in our family!  She is a delight with her sense of humour and sensitive heart.  When she was born the doctor said it was “remarkable that she was well”!!  She sure is one remarkable girl!

IMG_8877


1 comment:

  1. She's got energy like sunshine, that one! Happy Birth Day to both of you, and congrats on beating the cancer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment .. your feedback is important to us.